Coconut Chia Muffins
1 Duinkerken Muffin mix
1 1/4 cups almond milk (any kind of milk will do, dairy or plant-based)
1/3 cup canola oil (or other light cooking oil)
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tbsp whole psyllium husk
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond milk and chia seeds. Let it stand for 15 minutes, whisking every 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk eggs and canola oil together. Set aside.
- Once 15 minutes have passed, add egg mixture to chia mixture, and whisk well.
- Add in muffin mix, flax seed, psyllium husk, and coconut. Mix until combined and smooth.
- Divide batter between 12 greased muffin tins. Mixture will be runny!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until tops are golden, or toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, and muffins are firm to the touch.
- Let sit in their tray for 5 minutes before tipping them out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Ice if you’d like, but they are fantastic as is. Store in ziploc bags in the fridge for 1 week, or freezer for up to 1 month.