Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
4 cups Only Oats Purity Protocol Oats
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter or margarine, at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups natural peanut butter
3 large eggs
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line some cookie trays with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Blend butter, sugars, and eggs together with a hand mixer until smooth. Mixture will begin to look lighter, which is what you want. Continue blending until there are no lumps.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla, baking soda, and cinnamon. Blend with hand mixer until mixture begins to thicken and lighten more.
- Mix in oats with a wooden spoon, and make sure they are incorporated well.
- Stir in chocolate chips. I like to use my hands at this point, as the mixture is very thick.
- Using an ice cream scoop with a release trigger on it, scoop out cookie dough and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. These cookies are meant to be large, so I only put 6 cookies on each tray, leaving ample space for the cookies to spread. Do not pat down dough. Put them in the oven as a full scoop. They will flatten as they cook. This also allows for a chewier cookie.
- When cookies are browned on the edges, and slightly brown on top, remove from oven. Allow them to rest on the cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely. This lets them cook through, without browning too much on the tops.
- Store in an airtight container, or ziploc bag. These freeze well also…but they rarely make it to the freezer!
- Recipe makes approximately 24 cookies.