Who loves Monkey Bread? We do, we do!
I would like to introduce you to my Sticky Pecan Monkey Bread, lovingly created with the Duinkerken Foods Biscuit Mix. This mix is the perfect match to my sticky pecan sauce, and fluffs up beautifully.
This is the perfect dish to bring to your next get-together. Show everyone how good gluten free can be!
Sticky Pecan Monkey Bread
1 box Duinkerken Biscuit Mix
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter plus 3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup chopped pecans, plus extra for sprinkling
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Make biscuit mix as per directions on box. Put flour mixture in large bowl, and cut in 1/2 cup of butter until incorporated through mix. Mix should be grainy. Add eggs and milk, and mix with a wooden spoon until well mixed, then finish it off with your hands. Set aside, covered, while you make your sticky sauce.
- Melt remaining 3/4 cup butter in a bowl, in the microwave. Add brown sugar, and whisk until mixture is smooth and combined well. Pour into the bottom of a lightly greased 8-9″ bundt pan, and then sprinkle with 1/3 cup chopped pecans.
- In a small bowl, mix together granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Form 1-2 inch balls with the biscuit dough, and roll in the sugar mixture. Drop into bundt pan evenly. Continue until all the dough is used up, and the dough is laid as evenly as possible. It obviously won’t be even, so don’t worry too much about that. Sprinkle with some extra pecans, if you’d like.
- Put in the oven for approximately 35 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Once cooked, removed from oven and allow to rest for approximately 10 minutes, before turning upside down onto flat plate.
- Take pieces off once cooled.
2 Comments Add yours
Michelle, have you ever made the dough (including forming the balls) in advance, freeze and then thaw later for a quicker prep when desired?
Hi! No, I’ve never done this. My experience with the dough is that it works best when used the same day as you make it, but I don’t have any experience with freezing it, sorry!