Easy Swiss Steak
1 lb ground pork, chicken, turkey, or beef, formed into patties, about 1/2 inch thick
1 large carrot, diced
1 large onion, diced
1 (28 oz) can of diced tomatoes (do not drain)
1 (10oz) can of gluten free broth of your choice
1/3 cup gluten free flour
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tbsp gluten free Worcestershire sauce
1. Chop onions and carrots, and mix together. Cover bottom of slow cooker.
2. Mix flour, paprika, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder together in a shallow dish.
3. Press patties into the flour and coat both sides.
4. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Fry coated patties until browned on each side. Place on top of the onion and carrot mixture in casserole dish.
5. Mix together tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and broth. Pour over top of the patties, spreading tomatoes evenly.
6. Cover, and turn crockpot on low for 6-8 hours.
7. Serve with your choice of veggies and sides. This is good with buttery mashed potatoes and green beans.